LV-West II T: The Between-Wars Generation and the ...
Detailed information and judgements on courses of life in the areas family, education and employment.
1. Family origin of target person: social origin; information on natural mother, natural father or stepparents and foster parents as well as on siblings; information on courses of life of siblings. 2. Residential history and places of stay: residence description and reasons for change; supplemental questions on household structure and mobility. 3. School and occupational biography: school and occupational training.
4. Employment history, occupation and work life: positions and activities of employment life; times of no contribution to retirement program; gaps in employment; side jobs; occupational further education; work efforts; memberships; illness history.
5. Personal family: marriage biography; partner situation; information on earlier spouse; information on current spouse or companion through life; information on children.
6. Economic situation: assets; income; pension situation.
7. Politics and religion: biography of personal behavior at the polls; behavior at the polls of parents; interest in politics in parental home; religious upbringing, leaving the church and religious affiliation.
8. Present activities; interests and needs; strain from interview.
9. Also encoded were: estimated length of interview; problems in conducting the interview; reasons for interruption.
Dataset is available at https://dbk.gesis.org/dbksearch/sdesc2.asp?no=2647&search=LV-West%20&search2=&DB=d&tab=0¬abs=&nf=1&af=&ll=10 doi:10.4232/1.2646
- https://dbk.gesis.org/dbksearch/download.asp?id=47636 (Questionnaire)
- https://dbk.gesis.org/dbksearch/download.asp?id=46253 (Codebook)
- https://dbk.gesis.org/dbksearch/download.asp?id=47637 (technical report)
There are no views created for this resource yet.
|Last updated||June 26, 2015|
|Created||June 26, 2015|
|created||over 3 years ago|
|dara DOI Proposal||10.23456/jbnst.2015177.144924|
|dara Rights||available for scientific purposes only at GESIS|
|dara dataType||Data and docu-ments are only released for academic research and teaching after the data depositor’s written authorization. For this purpose the Data Archive obtains a written permission with specifica-tion of the user and the analysis intention.|
|dara res preselection||data|
|dara temporalCoverageFree||11.1987 - 08.1988|
|dara universeSampled||Germans, born from 1919 to 1921|